Tuesday 13 July 2010

Ocean of angels, ocean of stars. Down by the sea is where you drown your scars.

Bought 3 cd's today. The complete Stone Roses, The Cramps- Off the Bone, and Celebrity Skin- Hole (hence the post title.)The Cramps are awesome, i love their weirdness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPOVmWzeqEo
They are a cross between, Monster Mash and old Frankenstein movies, so im in heaven.

At the weekend i was talking to my mum about my textiles and she leapt out her seat and came back holding 3 photo albums and a whole box of old photos and postcards from our family. I loved them SO MUCH i had to scan them here and share them with you as they are utterly beautiful. I always love the sepia and black and white tones in old photos. Opening the box of photos was like stepping back in time and made me smile seeing people who i was related to.






I had to post this stunning photo shoot with Courtney Love.







Laura

3 comments:

  1. I love old family pictures. They are so expressive, aren't they? I accidentally discovered this blog full of vintage pictures, I couldn't stop looking at them, and thinking about each and every thing or person they represented. I've just written about Miksang photography on my philosophy blog, do you know anything about it? Since art is one of your favorite things, I guess you'd like to see more of miksang photography.

    Well, I'm too long already. I'm often long.

    Just wanted to thank you for following my blog Poesia Torta (Crooked Poetry). Thanks for being around.

    Kiss your cheeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I forgot to leave the link for that vintage pictures blog in case you want to check it:

    http://community.livejournal.com/everyday_i_show/

    See you dear. =*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Courtney and you rocks girl!! http://fashionismyway.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete